DJI Mavic Pro 2017 Review
DJI Mavic Pro 2017 is the next level revolt in the world of drone cameras. It is the best drone camera DJI has launched so far with full features and best technology anyone can expect a drone camera to have after Phantom 4. It has made many innovations in the designs and technology in Movic Pro.
Drone cameras like Phantom 4 and Movic Pro are not only used for professional purposes like on construction sites, for site analysis, for site visits, by contractors, civil engineers, to cover events by event management companies, for security surveillance, by media, for coverages, in sports events and used by individuals for simple and creative video recording for a picnic, family get-together, birthday parties, aerial photography or just to see what’s on your roof and if you heard something strange outside in the middle of the night, but you are scared to go take your drone out and see what’s happening.
DJI has been making best of the camera drones in the history of camera drones from Phantom 1 to Phantom 4 and now it is Mavic Pro which is under our review so that you know all about it before buying that new drone camera in the market.
What the box contains?
- Mavic Pro Aircraft
- Remote Controller
- Propellers (3 pairs)
- Gimbal Clamp
- 16GB Micro SD
- Micro USB Cable
- RC Cables
It is not the just the best drone camera that DJI ever invented, but it’s also the best ever the drone camera that anyone invented.
It has the best body features any drone camera has ever had, with all the arms folding inside the Mavic’s body which give it true portability and makes it very easy to carry around everywhere, even its remote is so smaller than the gigantic one with Phantom four, its light weight as compared to Phantom 4 and other drones of features close to Mavic Pro.
- It has the true 4k resolution gives the best picture quality ever for drone cameras.
- It has 12 megapixels camera and takes excellent quality images and makes beautiful videos, 12.71 megapixels precisely for still images.
- The camera has about 78.8 degrees of field view.
- It has a 3-axis gimbal to keep the camera stable while flying, this feature is absent in other drone cameras which require manual stabilization.
- DJI’s ActiveTrack and Optical Flow software allow the drone to protect itself from the obstacles and to track and follow objects, this is such an intelligent features and give DJI Mavic Pro edge over any other camera.
- It has these new features of gesture recognition and adjustable focusing which were not in any past models of DJI’s drone cameras.
- It has this all new video transmission system called OcuSync, spreading Mavic’s range up to 4 miles, boosting its resistance to interference.
- Mavic Pro stream videos at 1080p at short ranges and allows photo and video downloads at crazy 40Mb/s.
- It has a battery life of 27 minutes precisely and that is awesome for the camera with only 3 batteries.
- Max Flight Time 27 minutes (0 wind at a consistent 15.5 mph (25 kph))
- Max Hovering Time 24 minutes (0 wind)
- Overall Flight Time 21 minutes ( In normal flight, 15% remaining battery level )
- Max Flight Distance 8 mi (13 km, 0 wind)
- Max Speed 14 km/h (9 mph)
- Max Ascent Speed 6.6 ft/s(2 m/s)
- Max Descent Speed 3.3 ft/s(1 m/s)
- Mavic Pro has two very new flying modes:
- Terrain Follow: In this mode, the drone is set at a certain height from the ground, it is best suitable for an uphill or downhill terrain.
- Gesture Mode: This mode allows people to let people take selfies without having remote in their hands by waving hands or making a frame from your hands.
- Mavic Pro can work 7km far from the remote and work as best as it would near you, and it can go as high as 17,000 feet.
- It can fly at 65km/hr at max
Pros and Cons
DJI Mavic Pro is just full of pros we saw no particular cons in it other than just one, which that it’s camera has 78.8 degrees of the field view as compared to 98.4 of Phantom 4.
DJI Mavic Pro has the best portable design any drone camera has to offer. Its remote is so small that it literally fits in your pocket and the drone camera itself is very portable. The wings drone camera folds itself like the robots in ‘Transformers’ and gizmo feels like something from the future in your hand. It has the best design, best picture quality, best software features and best ever drone camera. The DJI Mavic Pro is truly portable with a weight of only 740g.
It comes for $999 and all of its additional accessories are in the market as well if you want to buy a quick release and folding propellers and extra batteries for unstoppable flying or that chic handbag for the drone it’s all in the market.
DJI Mavic Pro is definitely worth the price of $999 it has instead a lot more to offer in terms of features and design and the price it asks is lesser than what it has to give you. It is the best drone camera in the market and none of the drone cameras beats DJI Mavic Pro in any way.