How To Make Cat Food
Just like dogs, cats are also the most beloved pets. Many people adore them and enjoy keeping cats as pets. The only thing any pet animal demands from his owner is that they provide them with healthy food. How to make cat food, and to have a cat as a pet is a big responsibility. You need to take care of their food, diet, and cleanliness all the time.
Canned food vs. homemade food
There is a lot of canned food available in the market for cats. But those canned foods are not healthy. They don’t have enough nutrients to fulfill a cat’s need. But there is always a solution to every problem. You can cook cat food at home easily and efficiently. You don’t have to be a chef to do this job. All you need is some recipes. The recipes we will provide you will help you in making food for your cat easily at home.
Dos and Don’ts
Before jumping to the recipes, first, you should know what kind of food should be avoided and what kind of food is necessary for a cat’s diet. Everyone has allergies and likings and disliking. There are some foods that are not at all good for cats. You must try to avoid the ingredients like garlic, grapes, raisins, raw egg whites, tomatoes, onions, gluten, corn and grains and rendered fat. Cats are carnivores. They can’t process carbohydrates so ingredients like corn and wheat must be avoided. Cats get ill easily, and it becomes really difficult to take care of them in such conditions. You don’t want them throwing up all around the house.
There are ingredients that are necessary for a cat’s diet. Water, animal protein, phosphorus and calcium, and animal fats are the essentials for a cat’s diet. Wet food is best for cats as their hydration depends upon food. The lack of water may create certain diseases like kidney stones, dehydration, urinary tract infection, and cystitis. Animal protein can easily be achieved from poultry items like fish, liver, chicken and pork etc. The liver is best for cats as it provides vitamin A that cats cannot produce on their own. Animal fats make food tastier and healthier. It also helps in maintaining healthy skin and fur, and urinary and circulatory system.
Now that you know what is good for your cat and what is not, let’s move to the easiest recipes of food for cats and make cat food.
See also: Pet supplies & Review product for Pet
If you’re a beginner, this is a really good recipe for you.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of beef or chicken broth or water
- 1 cup of canned mackerel
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown cooked organic rice
- Put all the ingredients together in bowl
- Blend them until a paste is formed
- Immediately serve it and refrigerate the leftovers to be used for 3 to 4 days
You want something special for your kitten, here it is
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of small chopped steamed broccoli
- 1 cup of trout, cooked
- 1 egg yolk, cooked
- Combine the ingredients
- Blend them
- Serve it and store leftovers for 3 to 5 days
Cats like grass and green but pet cats don’t have access to the greens. This recipe will help to solve this issue
- 1/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/8 cup of fish chicken stock
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of catnip, minced (for garnishing)
- Combine zucchini, alfalfa, and stock in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the minced catnip on top
- If there is any leftover, store in a jar in the fridge for 3 days.
The best thing about this recipe, it can be consumed by both you and your cat
- Rabbit meat -cut and bonded into small pieces (domestic or wild)
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Some thyme, marjoram, rosemary and parsley
- Vegetable stock (unsalted)
- Carrot, Sweet potato, celery, turnip, leek, and peas
- Fry rabbit meat in olive oil
- Sprinkle it with the herbs
- Add vegetable stock and boil it
- Cover the lid and lower the flame
- Add chopped vegetable and cook for another 45 minutes
- Serve it to your cat
If your cat loves beef, this is the best treat
- 1 cup beef, ground
- 1/2 cup brown rice, steamed
- 6 tablespoons of alfalfa sprouts, minced
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- Fry the ground beef a little to make it brown, drain it
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Serve it and store the leftovers.
With the formulas we say in the how to make cat food, you can easily be to cook cat food at home, you just need to get some fresh stock from the market and enjoy cooking for your cats.